10) The Descendants - A Difficult story to tell, but George Clooney's performance makes it work.
9) The Help - It is meant to be a little lighter on the subject matter, yet it still packs a powerful punch.
8) The Tree Of Life - The Most Ambitious film in the past 30 years.
7) Martha Marcy May Marlene - The hidden Olsen sister "Elizabeth" stars in a movie that will stick with you long after you see it.
6) Beginners - The Best movie about love this year!
5) Drive - The most stylized movie of the year is a fun ride!
4) War Horse - Seeing all the different lives the horse touched worked for me.
3) Warrior - Cliche? Yes.....but ultimately this is a story about family that had me cheering in the aisle.
2) The Artist - Refreshing to see a simple story told in such a creative way.
1) Shame - The Best movie of the year tackles a difficult subject matter with grace. Michael Fassbender is brilliant as is the cinematography and the score.
Jen's Top 10 -
10) Martha Marcy May Marlene
9) Midnight In Paris
7) The Debt
6) The Artist
5) A Dangerous Method
4) The Help
3) Jane Eyre
Honorable mention of both Ry & Jen: 50/50