Friday, January 13, 2006

Ry's Top 10 of 2005


This ended up being a great year for movies. We may not have had one "big, must see," movie, but we had plenty of great films. It was actually tough to narrow it down to just 10, but I did my best. Below you will see the 10 movies and next to it a quick reason why it made this list. Every movie I have seen this year, I saw with my partner in crime....so I thought it only far to include her list as well. it will follow my list.
Top 10 of 05
10. Cinderella Man -A powerful story, that is very inspirational
9. North Country - Charlize Theron turns out another great performance
8. King Kong - Big action movie with heart
7. Walk the line - Best musical bio I have seen
6. Munich - Not just a great story but a lesson we need to learn
5. Syriana - a timely, poignant look at the Oil business
4. The Squid and the Whale – Funny, creative, Quirky……REAL
3. Match Point - A well told thriller from Woody Allen
2. Brokeback Mountain - a haunting story that will stay with you long after you see it
1. Crash - The best written film of the year, brings us a powerful look at society

A Second Opinion...... Jen's list
10. Syriana
9. Shopgirl
8. Walk the Line
7. Melinda & Melinda
6. Match Point
5. The Squid & the Whale
4. Brokeback Mountain
3. North Country
2. Crash
1. Munich

1 comment:

  1. nice to see crash win. overall, the oscars were quite boring to watch.

    ReplyDelete