Tuesday, May 02, 2006

United 93

United 93: A very powerful film by director Paul Greengrass. How powerful? – I saw this on Sunday and could not bring myself to write a review of it till now. I still am not going to go into my typical review, but will just let you know that the film is done extremely well. No known actors are used and I think that is for the best. Most the air traffic controllers and military personnel is played by the actual people that were working that terrible day in September 2001. The movie works in real time – so we see how fast things happened. The movie also stays away from over the top, Hollywoodized emotional/heroic moments. The story is powerful enough. The whole story is shown from 3 areas. The passengers on United 93, air traffic controllers, and military personnel in VA. If Hollywood is going to make a movie about this day – this is how I want to see it done -> There was no political message, no Bruce Willis superhero character, just an inside look at the courage and bravery of the passengers that fought back. I recommend seeing this for the simple fact, that as painful as it was to visit that day again, we should never FORGET.

* * * and ½ stars
No parents for this movie

With a running time of 111 minutes
This Film is rated R

No comments:

Post a Comment